Dec. 2 - 6
Reminders:
Friday is a full day.
Science - this week we will finish gathering information about the planets
in our solar system and begin our review of our Sky Science unit.
This site shows the moon phases for this upcoming month. Students might
enjoy looking at this with their families.
Social - we will continue to work on our Ancient Athens models with the
guiding questions of:
How was the government of ancient Athens structured?
How did the structure of the government in ancient Athens provide opportunities
for citizens to participate in decision making?
How did identity, status and class structure impact citizenship in ancient Athens?
How did the social structure of ancient Athens impact its political structure?
To what extent were democratic ideals of equity and fairness part of the structure
of government and society in ancient Athens?
Math - we will continue to work on integers. I apologize as last week I wrote
that we were going to start fractions however I have changed this to integers.
The learning goals for this chapter are:
- I can use manipulatives to show my understanding of integers
- I can use drawings to show my understanding of integers
- I can use symbols to show my understanding of integers
Writing - we will be starting a new unit on wordless books with the focus on
narrative organizations. Students will be introduced to a story organizer that
we will use for the remainder of the school year as we build our own stories.
No comments:
Post a Comment